Monday, September 14, 2015

2 Retweet That: Microsoft, Copyright and Twitter


Like most of us I've typically used Microsoft Word for writing papers and doing assignments. However I've also used it to write lesson plans and flyers for the childcare center that I was "working" for at my school. It was one of my classes, and I loved it.

I've seen teachers use Microsoft Word to write up their notes for their lectures and to type up the assignments they would hand out to their classes. I've also seen them use it to type up announcements that they could print out and put up on their boards.

I think the most experience I've had using fair use materials in an educational way are the clip art images in word that I would put on my assignments for students so the handout didn't look dull. I'm not really sure how I've ever used copy righted materials in a classroom.

As a teacher I would show my students the right way to go about using these materials because I would love to be able to put their work online for people to see so I'd have to make sure they aren't breaking any laws.

I use my personal twitter every single day. I've had it forever, I'm not sure when I first made it but I think it was at least four years ago. I need to get into the habit of having two twitters and using my EME2040 one more but I think that it's pretty great.

As for my classroom I would love to have a class twitter just so I can let parents know what's going on with the class and get some tips from other teachers that way as well.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine just started a class twitter account. She is posting what kids are doing in class with pictures.

    My school usually tweets when we go on field trips. Parents love it!

    ReplyDelete